Welcome to the Microsoft & Cloud-Architect WVD Workshop
Fast link to the workshop, generated using Github Pages: https://aka.ms/wvdworkshop
These are the Hands-on Lab steps, part of the Microsoft & Cloud-Architect WVD ARM (Spring update) Workshop.
These are part of the update on 01/12/2020 Registration link.
If you have any questions, just ask Micha (blog) or Bart (blog) for further assistance
Slides + video
You can find the slides from the Presentation here
You can rewatch the session here
- Azure AD Tenant (global administrator)
- Azure Subscription (owner on the subscription) (not a free subscription, as this will not have enough CPU cores available)
- Azure Netapp services enabled on the subscription (optional, see below)
Before you begin, you have to determine the Azure AD Tenant & Windows AD setup for this lab.
- Scenario A) is that you have a new or empty Azure AD Tenant, with an empty Azure Subscription, without any pre-configured AD Connect (Recommended)
- Scenario B) is that you have an existing Azure AD Tenant, with a existing Azure Subscription & already have Azure AD Connect enabled. (Azure AD Domain services is not covered in this workshop but possible)
Please do not perform these steps in a Production environment. An Test environment is really recommended.
If you have to run this workshop in a Production environment, make sure not to remove or overwrite any existing objects in your environment.
If you share an Azure AD Tenant & Subscription with multiple Workshop attendees, make sure only 1 of you perform the PreReq tasks
The others need to wait until the PreReqs are completed before proceeding.
Verify DNS Settings
Verify your Powershell settings
Azure Netapp Files (Optional)
You need to be granted access to the Azure NetApp Files service.
To request access to the service, see the Azure NetApp Files waitlist submission page.
You must wait for an official confirmation email from the Azure NetApp Files team before continuing.
How to Connect
When you are working in the workshop, and you have to connect to WVD, follow these steps first to setup your local device:
- How to Connect to WVD Spring edition (updated)
Windows Virtual Desktop Tasks
If you are working alone, you can use the Resource Group names as stated in the workshop.
If you are sharing an Azure AD Tenant, subscription and Windows AD, keep in mind that each attendee needs its own Resource Groups.
The test accounts can be shared for all attendees!
- Create custom WVD image using Azure Image Builder (new)
If you dont want to create the image using AIB ==> Preprep-ed image from Micha (new)
- Create WVD Workspace, Hostpool and VMs from the Azure Portal (updated)
- Create WVD Workspace, Hostpool and VMs from the ARM Template (updated)
- Configure Pooled WVD in the Portal (updated)
- Configure Pooled WVD using Powershell (updated)
- Configure FSLogix with Fileserver on the Domain Controller
- Configure FSLogix on Azure Fileshare (updated)
- Configure FSLogix on Azure Netapp Files (new)
- Configure Security - RBAC & MFA
- [Optional] Install IGEL OS on Hyper-V
- [Optional] Install IGEL OS on VirtualBox
- Troubleshooting (updated)